Thursday, December 23, 2010

Good Morning Vietnam 2

Arrived in Vietnam with a bang,literally! I had been warned about pickpockets and muggers but never expected the first assault to take place before I had left the aircraft. A passenger in the seat in front of me dropped a rather heavy computer case on my admittedly fairly large nose while taking it out of the overhead locker, sending my specs flying and leaving me with a nice cut on the bridge of my snozzle.
After first aid from the cabin crew and a check by an airport doctor I was able to take a cab to the centre of Saigon and Gail and I were able to meet up with Craig.
Saigon has a population of 9 million people and apparently 10 million scooters and motor bikes! Chaos reigns.
After checking in at very comfortable hotel headed off with Craig to visit the Reunification Palace and later the War Remnants Museum, the latter a very confronting reminder of the brutalities of the Vietnam War, albeit from a decidedly anti-American standpoint.
Good meal at restaurant recommended to us by local travel agent, followed to a second visit to said travel agent to make arrangements for the following days.
A slightly wounded Obese Ferret.

Location:Arrival Loop,,Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment